Filmed: August 18-20, 2022 | Aired:
February 6, 2023
- Ep.5 RC: (Hitting barrels) - Heroes again physically overmatch Villains in head-to-head bouts (except George!), win 3-1. They get a "bakeries bonzanza" ... or so they think.
- Ep.5 reward: As seen in US All-Stars, it's the old Rupert's diner twist, where one person (Sam, who picked up the parchment) has to assign one person to each increasingly un-great baked good.
- Ep.5 IC: (Carts, bonfire) - As seen in AU: All-Stars. Villains come away with the win here, working better as a team.
- Ep.5 not voted out: It's another non-elim, and Gerry is sent to the Villains for two days, 8-2-1 (over Paige and Ben, respectively), despite Paige volunteering for the job.
Episode 5 scoring notes
- It's really unclear who the second vote for Paige was. Was it Paige herself? Nina (who supported the idea at Tribal)? Hayley (who likes Gerry)? Ugh, handwriting analysis may solve it?
- Update: As it turns out, this was easy. We were shown Sharni's vote for Paige:
- So who cast the second, cursive/underline vote for Paige? Well, it turns out that's just Ben's thing. Here's his vote for Rogue, which was done the same way. (All the others were printed, not cursive, and not underlined):
- So Benjamin voted for Paige. Done and done.
- Gerry received 8 votes, from David, Flick, Hayley, Matt, Nina, Paige, Sam, and Shaun (voted to Villains, 8-2-1).
- Paige received 2 votes, from Sharni (shown) and Benjamin.
- Benjamin received 1 vote, from Gerry.
Glossary of terms
- ChW: Challenge Wins. For tribal
challenges, a contestant earns a fraction of 1 win,
depending on if they participated (no points for sitting
out). So in a five-person tribe's win, each participant
gets (1/5) of a point, or 0.2 points. Duels (or individual
RCs as in Ep1) at Redemption Island count as half a
challenge (and half a win). Individual challenge wins
count as a full point.
- ChA: Challenge Appearances. Used
to calculate ChW%. Fractional for tribal challenges (same
as ChW), except sit-outs get charged for an appearance,
because they could have participated.
- ChW%: Challenge Win%. Simply, ChW%
= ChW / ChA.
- SO: The number of times a contestant
sat out of a challenge.
- VFB: Votes For Bootee. The number
of times the contestant has voted for the person who was
ultimately voted out. Applies only to initial votes (no
points for revotes in case of a tie). Special case: In a
final three TC, where only one vote is cast (by the F3 IC
winner), only that vote counts.
- VAP: Votes Against the Player. The
total number of tribal council votes cast against the
contestant. Again, only initial votes count (no penalty
for revotes), and here a hidden immunity idol (if played)
erases the votes. In the special case of a final three
tribal council above, only the F3 bootee receives a vote
- TotV: Total votes cast during the
tribal councils the player has attended (again, only
initial votes count). Used to adjust for different vote
totals as tribes shrink.
- TCA: Tribal council appearances.
The number of times a contestant has attended tribal
council (at which they voted).
- TC%: Tribal Council percent.
Attempts to reward voting for the bootee (which players
controlling the vote almost always do), while punishing
receiving votes yourself. The formula is: TC% = [VFB -
(VAP/TotV)] / TCA.
- wTCR: weighted Tribal Council
Ratio. Very similar in intent to TC%, but calculated as a
ratio of VFB to VAP, while also scaling to a uniform
number of TC appearances. The formula is as follows: wTCR
=2* [VFB / (4+VAP)] x (14/TCA). I originally tried (1+VAP)
to avoid dividing by zero, but this overly rewarded
getting zero votes against relative to just one vote
against, which seemed silly. (4+VAP) scaled that effect
back comfortably. 14 was used as the scaling factor for TC
appearances because there are usually 14 episodes, then a
final scaling factor of 2 to bring maximal scores up to
roughly even with ChW and JV% high scores.
- JVF: Number of jury votes for the
contestant to win. Maximum nine (Earl Cole, Fiji),
- TotJ: Total number of jurors.
Necessary to not punish unanimous 7-juror winners (JT
- JV%: The percent of total jury
votes cast for the contestant, or Jur% = JVF/ TotJ. This
number is used, raw, in SurvSc, and is scaled in SurvAv
(multiplied by six) to make it similar in size to ChW and
- Survival Score (SurvSc). It's simply
the sum of Challenge Win% (ChW%) + Tribal Council% (TC%) +
Jury Vote%, for a maximum possible score of 2 (3 after the
- Survival Average (SurvAv). It's a
simple sum of fractional Challenge Wins (ChW), weighted TC
Ratio (wTCR), and (eventually) a weighted Jury%. The
latter two max out at six points total, for a theoretical
maximum score of around 18 or so.