Filmed: August 30, 2022 | Aired:
February 20, 2023
- Ep.11 IC: "Crate Outdoors" + obstacles - Even with George and Shonee putting in minimal effort, the Villains only beat the Heroes by one crate. But still, Villains win.
- Ep.11 voted out: Flick finally plays Simon's "cookie idol," for Matt. Everyone learns it's not an idol. Then Benjamin is voted out, 4-3 over Gerry.
Episode 11 scoring notes
- A lot of weirdness surrounding the vote, including George trying to get Flick to throw her "idol" in the fire (!), but nothing particularly scoreable. Gerry is really racking up the votes against, though. He now has 15 on the season.
- Benjamin received 4 votes, from George, Gerry, Shonee, and Steve (voted out, 4-3).
- Gerry received 3 votes, from Hayley, Jordie, Liz, and Nina.
Glossary of terms
- ChW: Challenge Wins. For tribal
challenges, a contestant earns a fraction of 1 win,
depending on if they participated (no points for sitting
out). So in a five-person tribe's win, each participant
gets (1/5) of a point, or 0.2 points. Duels (or individual
RCs as in Ep1) at Redemption Island count as half a
challenge (and half a win). Individual challenge wins
count as a full point.
- ChA: Challenge Appearances. Used
to calculate ChW%. Fractional for tribal challenges (same
as ChW), except sit-outs get charged for an appearance,
because they could have participated.
- ChW%: Challenge Win%. Simply, ChW%
= ChW / ChA.
- SO: The number of times a contestant
sat out of a challenge.
- VFB: Votes For Bootee. The number
of times the contestant has voted for the person who was
ultimately voted out. Applies only to initial votes (no
points for revotes in case of a tie). Special case: In a
final three TC, where only one vote is cast (by the F3 IC
winner), only that vote counts.
- VAP: Votes Against the Player. The
total number of tribal council votes cast against the
contestant. Again, only initial votes count (no penalty
for revotes), and here a hidden immunity idol (if played)
erases the votes. In the special case of a final three
tribal council above, only the F3 bootee receives a vote
- TotV: Total votes cast during the
tribal councils the player has attended (again, only
initial votes count). Used to adjust for different vote
totals as tribes shrink.
- TCA: Tribal council appearances.
The number of times a contestant has attended tribal
council (at which they voted).
- TC%: Tribal Council percent.
Attempts to reward voting for the bootee (which players
controlling the vote almost always do), while punishing
receiving votes yourself. The formula is: TC% = [VFB -
(VAP/TotV)] / TCA.
- wTCR: weighted Tribal Council
Ratio. Very similar in intent to TC%, but calculated as a
ratio of VFB to VAP, while also scaling to a uniform
number of TC appearances. The formula is as follows: wTCR
=2* [VFB / (4+VAP)] x (14/TCA). I originally tried (1+VAP)
to avoid dividing by zero, but this overly rewarded
getting zero votes against relative to just one vote
against, which seemed silly. (4+VAP) scaled that effect
back comfortably. 14 was used as the scaling factor for TC
appearances because there are usually 14 episodes, then a
final scaling factor of 2 to bring maximal scores up to
roughly even with ChW and JV% high scores.
- JVF: Number of jury votes for the
contestant to win. Maximum nine (Earl Cole, Fiji),
- TotJ: Total number of jurors.
Necessary to not punish unanimous 7-juror winners (JT
- JV%: The percent of total jury
votes cast for the contestant, or Jur% = JVF/ TotJ. This
number is used, raw, in SurvSc, and is scaled in SurvAv
(multiplied by six) to make it similar in size to ChW and
- Survival Score (SurvSc). It's simply
the sum of Challenge Win% (ChW%) + Tribal Council% (TC%) +
Jury Vote%, for a maximum possible score of 2 (3 after the
- Survival Average (SurvAv). It's a
simple sum of fractional Challenge Wins (ChW), weighted TC
Ratio (wTCR), and (eventually) a weighted Jury%. The
latter two max out at six points total, for a theoretical
maximum score of around 18 or so.