Filmed: September 20-21, 2022 | Aired: March 20, 2023
- Ep.23 RC: (Balls, puzzle, sandbags) - Matt has a massive lead, wins before anyone else reaches the final stage.
- Ep.23 Tribal: After the RC, everyone learns (1) it will be a final three, and (2) the extra vote Matt won will be for removing a juror, not an active player at that night's Tribal. Matt pushes for Shonee, and she's gone, 4-1.
- Ep.24 IC: (Uncomfortably Numb + spikes) - In front of loved ones, Liz and Matt end up in a showdown after 4 hours; Liz wins.
- Ep.24 F4 Tribal: George out, 3-1 over Gerry.
- Final Tribal: Liz wins! 7-0-0.
Episodes 23-24 scoring notes
- Ep.23 RC: Since nobody won immunity, this is clearly an individual reward challenge.
- Ep.23 Tribal: This is a tough one to score. It's not a regular Tribal, where one of the people voting can leave the game. So I decided not to score it at all. For posterity's sake: Shonee was out, 4-1, with only Liz voting for someone else (Simon), and Matt voting twice. So to summarize: No VFB/TotV/TCA for anyone.
F4 vote count:
- George received three votes, from Gerry, Liz, and Matt (voted out, 3-1).
- Gerry received one vote, from George.
Jury vote count:
- Liz received seven votes, from Gerry, Liz, and Matt (winner, 7-0-0).
- Gerry received no votes.
- Matt received no votes.
Glossary of terms
- ChW: Challenge Wins. For tribal
challenges, a contestant earns a fraction of 1 win,
depending on if they participated (no points for sitting
out). So in a five-person tribe's win, each participant
gets (1/5) of a point, or 0.2 points. Duels (or individual
RCs as in Ep1) at Redemption Island count as half a
challenge (and half a win). Individual challenge wins
count as a full point.
- ChA: Challenge Appearances. Used
to calculate ChW%. Fractional for tribal challenges (same
as ChW), except sit-outs get charged for an appearance,
because they could have participated.
- ChW%: Challenge Win%. Simply, ChW%
= ChW / ChA.
- SO: The number of times a contestant
sat out of a challenge.
- VFB: Votes For Bootee. The number
of times the contestant has voted for the person who was
ultimately voted out. Applies only to initial votes (no
points for revotes in case of a tie). Special case: In a
final three TC, where only one vote is cast (by the F3 IC
winner), only that vote counts.
- VAP: Votes Against the Player. The
total number of tribal council votes cast against the
contestant. Again, only initial votes count (no penalty
for revotes), and here a hidden immunity idol (if played)
erases the votes. In the special case of a final three
tribal council above, only the F3 bootee receives a vote
- TotV: Total votes cast during the
tribal councils the player has attended (again, only
initial votes count). Used to adjust for different vote
totals as tribes shrink.
- TCA: Tribal council appearances.
The number of times a contestant has attended tribal
council (at which they voted).
- TC%: Tribal Council percent.
Attempts to reward voting for the bootee (which players
controlling the vote almost always do), while punishing
receiving votes yourself. The formula is: TC% = [VFB -
(VAP/TotV)] / TCA.
- wTCR: weighted Tribal Council
Ratio. Very similar in intent to TC%, but calculated as a
ratio of VFB to VAP, while also scaling to a uniform
number of TC appearances. The formula is as follows: wTCR
=2* [VFB / (4+VAP)] x (14/TCA). I originally tried (1+VAP)
to avoid dividing by zero, but this overly rewarded
getting zero votes against relative to just one vote
against, which seemed silly. (4+VAP) scaled that effect
back comfortably. 14 was used as the scaling factor for TC
appearances because there are usually 14 episodes, then a
final scaling factor of 2 to bring maximal scores up to
roughly even with ChW and JV% high scores.
- JVF: Number of jury votes for the
contestant to win. Maximum nine (Earl Cole, Fiji),
- TotJ: Total number of jurors.
Necessary to not punish unanimous 7-juror winners (JT
- JV%: The percent of total jury
votes cast for the contestant, or Jur% = JVF/ TotJ. This
number is used, raw, in SurvSc, and is scaled in SurvAv
(multiplied by six) to make it similar in size to ChW and
- Survival Score (SurvSc). It's simply
the sum of Challenge Win% (ChW%) + Tribal Council% (TC%) +
Jury Vote%, for a maximum possible score of 2 (3 after the
- Survival Average (SurvAv). It's a
simple sum of fractional Challenge Wins (ChW), weighted TC
Ratio (wTCR), and (eventually) a weighted Jury%. The
latter two max out at six points total, for a theoretical
maximum score of around 18 or so.