Filmed: June 1, 2021 | Aired:
April 27, 2022
- Ep.9 Immunity challenge: "Bermuda
Triangles" - Over in minutes, Hai & Jonathan win.
Jonathan also wins food for his blue team.
- Ep.9 orange team voted out: Rocksroy, 4-1
- Ep.9 idols: Maryanne and Drea each play
theirs before the vote (which is a voice vote, anyway),
leaving just Lindsay and Tori eligible for the vote.
- Ep.9 blue team voted out: Tori, 4-0,
after she plays her Shot in the Dark, is not safe.
Episode 9 scoring notes
- Idols: Officially, because they played
them before the vote, neither Drea nor Maryanne voided any
votes with their idols. Drea almost certainly would have if
the vote had gone ahead as normal. But we can only score
what actually happened, not what might have.
Orange team vote count:
- Rocksroy received 4 votes, from Hai,
Mike, Omar, and Romeo (voted out, 4-1).
- Romeo received 1 vote, from Rocksroy.
Blue team vote count:
- Tori received 4 votes, from Drea,
Jonathan, Lindsay, and Maryanne (voted out, 4-0).
- (*Tori did not vote, and played her Shot in the Dark,
Glossary of terms
- ChW: Challenge Wins. For tribal
challenges, a contestant earns a fraction of 1 win,
depending on if they participated (no points for sitting
out). So in a five-person tribe's win, each participant
gets (1/5) of a point, or 0.2 points. Duels (or
individual RCs as in Ep1) at Redemption Island count as
half a challenge (and half a win). Individual challenge
wins count as a full point.
- ChA: Challenge Appearances. Used
to calculate ChW%. Fractional for tribal challenges
(same as ChW), except sit-outs get charged for an
appearance, because they could have participated.
- ChW%: Challenge Win%. Simply,
ChW% = ChW / ChA.
- SO: The number of times a contestant
sat out of a challenge.
- Plc: Place finished in an individual
- % Fin: Fraction of winning (100%)
from that placement. Second place in a 9-person
challenge is worth 8/9 points, third place 7/9, and so
- MPF: Mean % Finish in individual
challenges. Average of all %Fin scores for that player.
- VFB: Votes For Bootee. The
number of times the contestant has voted for the person
who was ultimately voted out. Applies only to initial
votes (no points for revotes in case of a tie). Special
case: In a final three TC, where only one vote is cast
(by the F3 IC winner), only that vote counts.
- VAP: Votes Against the Player.
The total number of tribal council votes cast against
the contestant. Again, only initial votes count (no
penalty for revotes), and here a hidden immunity idol
(if played) erases the votes. In the special case of a
final three tribal council above, only the F3 bootee
receives a vote against.
- TotV: Total votes cast during
the tribal councils the player has attended (again, only
initial votes count). Used to adjust for different vote
totals as tribes shrink.
- TCA: Tribal council appearances.
The number of times a contestant has attended tribal
council (at which they voted).
- TC%: Tribal Council percent.
Attempts to reward voting for the bootee (which players
controlling the vote almost always do), while punishing
receiving votes yourself. The formula is: TC% = [VFB -
(VAP/TotV)] / TCA.
- wTCR: weighted Tribal Council
Ratio. Very similar in intent to TC%, but calculated as
a ratio of VFB to VAP, while also scaling to a uniform
number of TC appearances. The formula is as follows:
wTCR =2* [VFB / (4+VAP)] x (14/TCA). I originally tried
(1+VAP) to avoid dividing by zero, but this overly
rewarded getting zero votes against relative to just one
vote against, which seemed silly. (4+VAP) scaled that
effect back comfortably. 14 was used as the scaling
factor for TC appearances because there are usually 14
episodes, then a final scaling factor of 2 to bring
maximal scores up to roughly even with ChW and JV% high
- JVF: Number of jury votes for
the contestant to win. Maximum nine (Earl Cole, Fiji),
- TotJ: Total number of jurors.
Necessary to not punish unanimous 7-juror winners (JT
- JV%: The percent of total jury
votes cast for the contestant, or Jur% = JVF/ TotJ. This
number is used, raw, in SurvSc, and is scaled in SurvAv
(multiplied by six) to make it similar in size to ChW
- Survival Score (SurvSc). It's simply
the sum of Challenge Win% (ChW%) + Tribal Council% (TC%)
+ Jury Vote%, for a maximum possible score of 2 (3 after
- Survival Average (SurvAv). It's a
simple sum of fractional Challenge Wins (ChW), weighted
TC Ratio (wTCR), and (eventually) a weighted Jury%. The
latter two max out at six points total, for a
theoretical maximum score of around 18 or so.