- "Meet Whitney" video at CBS.com
- Whitney's pre-game interview with EW.com's Dalton Ross
- Whitney's 2010 Sears contest audition video
- Whitney Duncan's YouTube channel (music videos, lots of dropped terminal 'g's).
From her MSN.com contestant profile:
"Whitney says: My family thinks I'm absolutely nuts. I just love adventure. I am the one to do crazy things in my family.
Jeff [Probst] says: She's rootable."
From her EW.com new contestant picture caption (by Dalton Ross):
"The country singer and fifth-place finisher on season 5 of Nashville Star has no concerns about putting her life back on camera. 'I'm an open book. I always speak my mind. My fans know me already. They know my personality. This is a game, so there probably will be some characteristics that have to come out that aren't necessarily awesome. I mean, you take food away from me for a couple of weeks and there is no telling what I'll say or do, honestly.' The real question is what she will say and do if someone in the game recognizes her. She could get Hogeboomed!"
Excerpts from her official CBS Survivor: South Pacific bio page:
"Personal claim to fame: My first record 'Right Road Now' was released on Warner Brothers in 2010. It's definitely my biggest achievement to date.
Inspiration in life: Jesus and Elvis because they both inspired me in such different ways. Elvis is the reason I started singing and performing. And, Jesus saved me.
Hobbies: Reading, hiking and kayaking.
Pet peeves: Slow drivers and people who talk down to me.
3 words to describe you: Outgoing, happy and honest.
Survivor contestant you are most like: Stephenie from Palau because she's smart and a bad-ass.
Reason for being on Survivor: It's the adventure of a lifetime, and I want to prove to everyone and myself that I can do whatever I set my mind to. Plus, I could use a million dollars.
Why you think you'll 'survive' Survivor: I'm smart, physically fit and not afraid of anything.
Why you think you will be the sole Survivor: I'm extremely competitive and love to win. People normally like me, and I feel like I can read them well.
Summary of evidence for Whitney Duncan being on Survivor: South Pacific.
- missyae kicked off the festivities, alerting the world to Whitney's participation in Survivor 23 by responding to Whitney's July 10th (shortly post-return) tweet of "I'm back, Twitneys! Ha. Missed y'all!!" with the overly familiar "Welcome back Whitney!!"
- Further inspection revealed a gap in Whitney's tweets and facebooking during filming.
- Once the contestants started friending each other on facebook, Polonium at Sucks (7/21/11) then confirmed Whitney's participation, thanks, of course, to Brandon Hantz:
"On Facebook, Brandon Hantz has added Whitney Duncan's personal profile, which I was never able to find before seeing it tonight in Brandon's friend list.... Jim Rice (is Facebook friends with both Brandon Hantz AND the Whitney Duncan profile I linked to)."