- "Meet Mark" video at CBS.com
- Mark Anthony's pre-game interview with EW.com's Dalton Ross
- Anthony's 2010 Sears online audition video at VideoSurvivor.com (h/t liskd at Sucks).
- Anthony's 2009 Sears online audition video at VideoSurvivor.com (h/t kookyrules).
From his MSN.com contestant profile:
"Mark Anthony says: Everybody needs a daddy. I'll be everybody's daddy
Jeff says: He's excitable."
From his EW.com new contestant picture caption (by Dalton Ross):
"'I call myself Daddy Bear,' says the openly gay former NYPD morgue detective. 'I'm older, wiser, and cuter, I guess. No, I'm kidding. I'm not cuter.' One thing he's not kidding about, however, is which two former players he'd like to see return this season. 'I would like to see Jane. And I know people may not like hearing this, but I like Russell. I do! I just like him! I worked in the New York City police department for 20 years. There's a thousand Russels.'"
Excerpts from his official CBS Survivor: South Pacific bio page:
"Personal claim to fame: I was a NYCPD Morgue Detective for 20 years and I retired with honors from the mayor and police commissioner.
Inspiration in life: My deceased Aunt Mary, who brought us to her home, raised us and gave us a great life.
Hobbies: Gym and all that goes with it, spending as much time in the sun as I can and meeting new people/making new friends.
Pet peeves: Know-it-alls and people with 'I am better than you' attitudes.
3 words to describe you: Funny, sarcastic and lovable.
Survivor contestant you are most like: I haven't seen anyone like me.
Reason for being on Survivor: I want to experience being stripped of life's luxuries that we all take for granted and survive with the bare essentials.
Why you think you'll "survive" Survivor: I am attentive and caring and have listening skills that can be supportive to my team and others. I love to work hard and have proven throughout my life that I will be a leader.
Why you think you will be the sole Survivor: People tend to like me because I am an honest person even though I am sarcastic and an 'in your face' man. I am considered a real person heart, mind and soul."
Summary of evidence for Anthony Caruso being on Survivor: South Pacific.
- AFishCalled at Sucks (7/15/11) posts a "fuzzy lead" on: "A male nurse from NY or Florida."
- SurvivorSkills (7/22/11) posts a picture from Anthony's Sears audition video, implying that he's a contestant, apparently based on a tip.
- Discovery of his facebook page (7/30/11, after Stacey's unveiling as a contestant) reveals he's facebook friends with Christine Shields, Stacey Powell, and Elyse Umemoto (and later Sophie Clarke).
Anthony describes himself, from his CBS.com user profile:
- About Me: 47 year old, Italian, retired NYPD Detective assigned to the morgue and Chief of Detectives. Currently, Registered Nurse, psych unit for dementia patients, employed with the largest hospital system of New York City, Long Island Jewish Hospital
- Location: Forest Hills, NY